Equanimity
Learn a new word everyday! Today's new word is "equanimity"! It means "the quality of being calm and even-tempered. Composure."
Read Lim Kay Tong's interview with Ong Sor Fern on Life!People. He plays cab-driver Harry Lee in Perth, directed by Singaporean film-maker Ong Lay Jinn (i.e. Etienne's friend?). Wah plenty of name-dropping. So this shld be good huh? :P Well in case you missed it, here are some exerpts.
On the arts scene here
"What worries me is the whole journey towards Disneyland. If the criteria for artistic success is the cash register, then where we are falling seriously behind is in the more important areas - the development of ideas, the presentation and exploration of issues."
He sums up his state with serene contentment:
"I'm still passionate about what I do. That's a blessing and a comfort. Internally I keep challenging myself: Is that good enough? The only reason I do that is I still love it."
And another paragraph...to complete this trio:
"They were two very well-known British character actors who made the transition to Hollywood. But they were very bitter men. I didn't want to end up like the actors I observed who've been there for years just making ends meet."
Read Lim Kay Tong's interview with Ong Sor Fern on Life!People. He plays cab-driver Harry Lee in Perth, directed by Singaporean film-maker Ong Lay Jinn (i.e. Etienne's friend?). Wah plenty of name-dropping. So this shld be good huh? :P Well in case you missed it, here are some exerpts.
On the arts scene here
"What worries me is the whole journey towards Disneyland. If the criteria for artistic success is the cash register, then where we are falling seriously behind is in the more important areas - the development of ideas, the presentation and exploration of issues."
He sums up his state with serene contentment:
"I'm still passionate about what I do. That's a blessing and a comfort. Internally I keep challenging myself: Is that good enough? The only reason I do that is I still love it."
And another paragraph...to complete this trio:
"They were two very well-known British character actors who made the transition to Hollywood. But they were very bitter men. I didn't want to end up like the actors I observed who've been there for years just making ends meet."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home