Friday, June 01, 2007

Ask me anything

I don't particularly hate hypothetical questions.

I just hate being asked hypothetical questions in places where any cat and dog can hear my answer. And then formulate all sorts of funny ideas about it. Not that answering that particular question might have alot of drastic effects, but generically speaking.

And I hate being asked questions that, if thrown back at the asker, are not going to throw up any well thought-out answers. Equal effort counts you know. If i'm gg to spend that little bit of processing power formulating an answer, I'd appreciate a similiarly efforted reply. Somehow I get the feeling such an answer is not going to come my way.

It's called reciprocity.

I'd like very much to see how you answer your own question before asking me that hypothetical question.

I think you have a problem carrying a conversation. It's a conversation, a discussion. Not a information-extracting monologue cum critique session. And it's advisable to leave the ego at the door. Sometimes it's good to admit you said something worthy of a slap. I can slap pretty well with both hands...so it works whether you look better on the right or the left.

Granted, I could've taken it with a pinch of salt. But I'm on a low-sodium diet mate.

And perhaps it should've been viewed as an isolated incident. But sometimes there are always cumulative effects mixed in somewhere subconsciously. I mean, you're a nice and helpful person obviously. But there seems to be very little of a value system behind the allocation of that. When one is ungaugable, one is unpredictable, and hence armed and dangerous, and best kept at arm's length. Or perhaps it's not unpredictable. Just...misaligned with.

Which pretty much gives a very gd idea why I seldom talk to some people. Isn't communication supposed to be reassuring? Not leaving one wondering what the other party is going to throw at you next? In the past year it's been mutilated into some sort of information extracting monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker