Saturday, June 02, 2007

Oh them kids

Went to a children's ballet performance tonight. And boy, am I glad I went. Haven't seen some of them for the longest time! It's such a feeling having those little buggers shouting your name waiting for you to "tsk" them :P And them peeking out of the corner of their eyes on stage, tracking you down in the audience. And their glancing back midway to search out a face that gladly risks wrinkles to contort itself in response. I miss them already.

Why did i not turn up for so long, you ask. I'm really very sorry, I really wish I did. Cos I now know I am the one who's missing out. But there is a trade off, which at times like these, doesn't feel very worth it at all. And there really is nothing wrong with putting everyone before yourself because that's the best-kept secret to putting you in the best position of all.

And that feeling of working insanely hard for one particular thing, because if you don't get it you might never be happy again. Juggling multiple roles because if you don't you might not be allowed here. Wanting everyone to join in your joy. What a heady mix, it's all flooding back. And it's all there.

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
Mark Twain

And with people like these, it really is heaven on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker