Carl's Junior
Had dinner at Carl's Junior yesterday.
It. Was. Terrible. (that is just my personal opinion, Carl's Junior people) And I don't think I was alone in thinking I'd never step foot into a Carl's Junior again, based on last night.
Quite a surreal experience. Felt like dumping the remains of my monstrous chicken salad (which is still very substantial, seeing that a few mouthfuls made my stomach tell me I was full) over the head of the ... the ... The Person who suggested it. Cue claire de lune in the background. And the confetti of lettuce flying in the air above her head in slow mo, everyone's eyes tracing the graceful trajectories of the colourful shades of green. And landing with a plop (technically it should be several plops, one for each horrid piece of lettuce) on her cute little clueless head.
Yes. No wonder the three of them are friends. Or maybe The Course has had its effects. But three people. Each suggesting a place more atrocious than the next. My goodness. Young People Nowsadays. (-_-)" Reads The Business Times. Don't they have food reviews in The Business Times?? Please, Please, Pleaaaaase! Business Times People! Please help!
Is it true that people who are really adept in technical areas (read - dry. And no, not as in "wit") are very un-intune with their surroundings? I'm really starting to think so. Actually what I mean is, this has been proved so many times last night and with such speed there wasn't really a chance to doubt it. I wonder if cringing too many times and too rapidly will give me fits. Feel like a witch not speaking up on her behalf or stopping her from continuously making a fool of herself. But on hindsight, I think she was unstoppable.
It. Was. Terrible. (that is just my personal opinion, Carl's Junior people) And I don't think I was alone in thinking I'd never step foot into a Carl's Junior again, based on last night.
Quite a surreal experience. Felt like dumping the remains of my monstrous chicken salad (which is still very substantial, seeing that a few mouthfuls made my stomach tell me I was full) over the head of the ... the ... The Person who suggested it. Cue claire de lune in the background. And the confetti of lettuce flying in the air above her head in slow mo, everyone's eyes tracing the graceful trajectories of the colourful shades of green. And landing with a plop (technically it should be several plops, one for each horrid piece of lettuce) on her cute little clueless head.
Yes. No wonder the three of them are friends. Or maybe The Course has had its effects. But three people. Each suggesting a place more atrocious than the next. My goodness. Young People Nowsadays. (-_-)" Reads The Business Times. Don't they have food reviews in The Business Times?? Please, Please, Pleaaaaase! Business Times People! Please help!
Is it true that people who are really adept in technical areas (read - dry. And no, not as in "wit") are very un-intune with their surroundings? I'm really starting to think so. Actually what I mean is, this has been proved so many times last night and with such speed there wasn't really a chance to doubt it. I wonder if cringing too many times and too rapidly will give me fits. Feel like a witch not speaking up on her behalf or stopping her from continuously making a fool of herself. But on hindsight, I think she was unstoppable.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home