Valentine's Day
A day that friends and lovers generally celebrate. And isn't one really a subset of the other?
Sometimes I wonder if you're happily busy or if you're tiredly so. There's just that tinge of something playing around that mien. Or perhaps I'm just seeing things.
Hey.
I'm sorry to hear she's getting married. But you know, some things are just out of your control. Perhaps it's not the right time, the right moment or the right circumstance. And perhaps at another earlier or later instance it might've been.
Things happen with some help if they're meant to be. Someone probably just forgot to specify the time and speed.
You've done what you want to do about it and I think you should continue, to perhaps fulfil the role you're slated to play. You should know the drill. Just do what your heart tells you to do and you'll be alright. Eventually.
And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hope there's many hands along your way of finding out what happened and light at the end of the tunnel.
What a wonderful world. One of my favourite scenes from Meet Joe Black.
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto 3 was good. Vladimir Feltsman. And I wonder if there are some people who tend to look forward to encores too...cos it's always an undocumented surprise, and some soloists just have the knack for choosing stuff. Well this one was Liebeslied "Widmung" S.566 Gosh. Somehow struck me as abit nationalistic at the opening, and extremely attentive and poignantly sweet and gorgeous all the way through.
Rach 2 was good too...and in case you didn't get the encores...the first one was Gluck-Sgambati Melody from Gluck's Orpheus and Euridyce opera. (which weirdly enough seems to be a violin piece...borrowed a copy from the library by Isaac Stern) Ritardandos were indulgently emotive, swirling around you like thick chocolate with all the time in the world. Like a beautiful being walking by that you find yourself following without knowing why. The second was Scarlatti's Sonata in D, which, while with decidedly less room for such luxury, was beautifully crisp without being clinical.
Sometimes I wonder if you're happily busy or if you're tiredly so. There's just that tinge of something playing around that mien. Or perhaps I'm just seeing things.
Hey.
I'm sorry to hear she's getting married. But you know, some things are just out of your control. Perhaps it's not the right time, the right moment or the right circumstance. And perhaps at another earlier or later instance it might've been.
Things happen with some help if they're meant to be. Someone probably just forgot to specify the time and speed.
You've done what you want to do about it and I think you should continue, to perhaps fulfil the role you're slated to play. You should know the drill. Just do what your heart tells you to do and you'll be alright. Eventually.
And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hope there's many hands along your way of finding out what happened and light at the end of the tunnel.
What a wonderful world. One of my favourite scenes from Meet Joe Black.
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto 3 was good. Vladimir Feltsman. And I wonder if there are some people who tend to look forward to encores too...cos it's always an undocumented surprise, and some soloists just have the knack for choosing stuff. Well this one was Liebeslied "Widmung" S.566 Gosh. Somehow struck me as abit nationalistic at the opening, and extremely attentive and poignantly sweet and gorgeous all the way through.
Rach 2 was good too...and in case you didn't get the encores...the first one was Gluck-Sgambati Melody from Gluck's Orpheus and Euridyce opera. (which weirdly enough seems to be a violin piece...borrowed a copy from the library by Isaac Stern) Ritardandos were indulgently emotive, swirling around you like thick chocolate with all the time in the world. Like a beautiful being walking by that you find yourself following without knowing why. The second was Scarlatti's Sonata in D, which, while with decidedly less room for such luxury, was beautifully crisp without being clinical.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home