Monday, October 22, 2007

On Course! Meow! Pfft! Whee!

When else is one able to let one's mind wonder and tumble through the light fluffly clouds of daydreaming and random thoughts? heheh I'm just glad I haven't totally lost the ability to write in proper English. Though the grammar is fast going. Thank gdness I sucked up some grammer from the Perth person on my right today. Almost makes that pointless midnight OT last friday, which made me miss #2's birthday dinner, worth it. Almost.

Nah. Not in a million years.

Drats. Missed Bloodline of the Arts.

Ok, random thoughts begin.

How does one explain the unease around people who love finance positions? I don't really know, but I'll try to figure it out. Because there are just too many of them.

First it's the business air about them. Nothing wrong with doing business, but because most of the time businesses thrive on situations of imperfect information. Sure, many business thrive on collaborative strategies, but one usually remembers the bad. Just ask any communications writer.

Secondly, I think it's the "what have you contributed" idea. Contributions to society via a financial position are obviously generally economical. As opposed to social, which is usually easier to identify with and understand. For economical contributions to become social ones, it's an additional step to link them up and isn't really acutely obvious. And thus one can't make a direct inference that this is really the goal of all finance practitioners.

The general stereotype doesn't exactly help either...of them just wanting to make a quick buck for other purposes, their hearts not really in their work, a situation where real reasons are cloaked. Which is in effect some sort of "lying", thus giving their unfortunate audiences a feeling of dishonesty. (ok, this one, they're not the only ones guilty of)

And anyway, we all know deep in our hearts, people in finance are in it for the health of their own finances.

And if you're one of those who don't, stop kidding yourself.

Gosh I'm languagely wicked again! Essence of Perth is doing me good!

Another catching-up weekend again...somehow people from uni seem to feature quite prominently on the calendar this month. With stilettos seriously damaging some turf. What a great bitching session. And very honestly speaking, it was fantastic letting steam off. Great to let it out without some permanent censor around. As for the meaning of the content, check back with me another day.

Was great catching up with the extended family, never thought I'd say that! Almost forgot how embarrassingly loudly they laugh, haha!

Italy's poof...now it's down to London, Spain or Germany! Free accomodation offers, I'm waiting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker